Scope of Service

Who can offer Architectural Service?

Under the Architects Act (Cap.12) only an Architect is permitted to offer architectural service.  An Architect is a someone who has undergone a minimum 5-year academic course at an accredited university, a minimum of 2 years post-graduation practical experience and who has passed the Professional Practice Examination conducted by the Board of Architects. Subsequent to passing the examination, in order to be permitted to practice, an Architect must attend Continuing Professional Development courses regularly in order to renew his or her Practising Certificate yearly.  The list of Architects can be found at the Board of Architect’s Register of Architects.